Do you remember when God came seeking and reaching out to you? There’s no telling how many people: He led to pray for you, He used to love on you, He lived through to show you that life in Jesus is so much better, and that He spoke through to share the gospel with you. And oh, how the Spirit of God reached into your darkness and helped you to see the light. You were a mission field once. But now, in Christ, you are the missionary – the intercessor, the one who is to love on lost people, the one who is to live Jesus before a watching world, and the one who needs to share the light God has given to you. And attached to First Baptist you and I are to seek to expand God’s territory in our community and world. As a part of that I hope you will choose to participate in as many of the following opportunities as possible:
- Consistently pray for your lost relatives and friends to bow their knee and confess Jesus Christ as Lord
- Daily let the Holy Spirit live Christ’s life through you – so that others can see the difference He makes in a life obedient to Him
- Work on your testimony – work on being able to share your faith – and then share both with those around you
- Bring people with you to the church house
- Main Street Mission – needs more volunteers
- Rowan Helping Ministry – Our church will be serving the evening meal on Saturday, April 20th and sharing with the residents and attenders
- Revival – You can begin to invite your friends to our revival [April 28 – May 1] – Rev. Matthew Laughter, pastor of Rockwell First Baptist will be our speaker
- Block Party – You can invite your friends to the block party on Saturday, April 27th – we need plenty of people committed to coming, mingling among our neighbors, hearing their story and possibly sharing with them about Christ.
- Farmer’s Day – We need plenty of folks to help man our booth on Saturday, July 20th
- At the next local pastor’s meeting our town will be divided up into sections and churches will be assigned those sections for prayer walking. We will need participants to consistently prayer walk our assigned area.
- We are seriously looking at having an area-wide Crusade in Rowan County in the spring of 2014 – you can begin to pray earnestly for that adventure
- Family Ministry Weekend at Red Springs Mission Camp [March 8-9]. It is designed for families to work together in missions activities. Mission projects will be age appropriate as well as engaging.
- Disaster Relief for Hurricane Irene in Pamlico County [on-going]
- VBS in Vermont [July 26-Aug. 2] – Join two other churches to lead VBS/backyard Bible clubs for up to three churches and also do some construction work.
- Toronto [July 14-23] – Join two other churches in leading 2-3 worship services and ministering to attendees at a couple of pet block parties – all in an effort to help Rendezvous Church to reach Toronto for the Lord
There is something for all of us to do as we become part of the way God reaches out to the lost and hurting in our community and in the world.
On Mission with You,