Have you ever sat and pondered about the really important issues of life? Well, take a few minutes to ponder these philosophical observations and questions.
- If Fed Ex and UPS were to merge, would they call it FedUp?
- If they arrested the Energizer Bunny, would they charge it with battery?
- Why is it that you drive on a parkway and park in a driveway?
- If a tin whistle is made of tin (and it is), then what, exactly, is a fog horn made of?
- Okay, who stopped payment on my reality check?
- Do Lipton employees take coffee breaks?
- What was the best thing BEFORE sliced bread?
- If it’s zero degrees outside today and it’s suppose to be twice as cold tomorrow, how cold is it going to be?
- Why are they called apartments, when they’re all stuck together?
- Why do they call it the Department of Interior when they are in charge of everything outdoors?
- Tell a man there are 400 billion stars and he’ll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint and he has to touch it.
On a more serious note, give some consideration to what it will look like in your life to follow Jesus’ instructions in Mark 12:30-31. Jesus said the greatest decision a person can make is to “love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: Love your neighbor as yourself.” On another occasion Jesus said that one’s first priority should be to “seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well” (Matthew 6:33)
- What would it look like in your life to love Jesus with all your heart?
- What would happen if you concentrated your mind on living out God’s Word each day?
- How would your life touch others if you were to love them the way Jesus loves you?
- How do you go about seeking first God’s kingdom in your life?
I believe the greatest decision you can make is simply to love God with all your heart. As you give Him your heart – more and more of it – then He is able to make His desires your desires. His passions will begin to fill your mind and soul. His strength will enable you to remain faithful to Him. The Lord will do far more than you could ask or hope in your life as you seek His kingdom [His rule in your life] and love Him with your whole heart.
We are approaching Thanksgiving when our thoughts turn toward all that God has given to bless our lives. Truly we have received MUCH! We are RICH because of God’s favor. In response to all of God’s love and grace that He has showered upon us, why not add to your “words of thanks” your “gifts of love”? Choose now to give Him the gifts of:
- Loving Him with all your heart
- Loving Him with all your soul
- Loving Him with all your mind
- Loving Him with all your strength
Nothing would please the Lord more than to receive from you those 4 precious gifts. It seems the only appropriate response to all His gifts to us.
Pondering how I can love Him more,